me in a nutshell
Destiny. Michelle. 21 years. physics&chemistry freak.
lives in Europe, Czech Republic.
medical student in love with her field.
one-day-to-be a pathologist.
happily in love with her Man.
Greyīs anatomy supporter.
loves Twilight & The Southern Vampire Series.
James Marsters rules over her imaginary world.
enjoys The Vampire Diaries as a guilty pleasure sheīs ashamed of.
PS8 maniac. crazy about notebooks and folders. couldnīt live without higlighters.
caffeine addicted. enjoys super light LM.
has a special place in her heart for Buffy+Angel+Firefly.
hates winter and people who donīt leave comments ^^
Except for the short summarization above (even though frankly thatīs about everything you need to know about me:)) Im gonna let you in on a couple of extra details.
As a medical student I donīt really have a lot of free time, but the time I have I usually spend with the biggest love and hobby of my life - books. I love reading - anything, anytime, anywhere (plus when itīs something non-medical, thatīs even better :)). My other hobby is Photoshop and generally graphics in various forms - pencil sketches, pastels, water colours... Apart from graphics and painting I really enjoy ceramics as well and my newest creative discovery is jewellery-making.
I started working with Photoshop 3 years ago and still consider myself being a self-taught advanced beginner :) It took me almost half a year to get the basic idea of layers and then just a bit less to actually understand how to use them :) Working with textures, text and coloring is something that Iīve been learning to this day and there is still a long way to go for me. Even though, as I said, I donīt consider myself being a Photoshop pro, if you ever need my help or a piece of advice on anything donīt hesitate to contact me and ask ;)
Favourite books and authors:
basically anything from the golden age of sci-fi, Orson Scott Cardīs books (Enderīs game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide...), Arthur C.Clarke - Rendezvous with Rama, Childhoodīs End, Earthlight, A fall of Moondust, The Songs of Distant Earth..., I.Asimov and all his work, S.King - The Dreamcatcher, The Pet Semetery, Misery..., E.M.Remarque - Three Comrades, Heaven has no favourites... Umberto Ecco - The Name of the Rose, Mika Waltari, Oscar Wilde, A.S. Exupery...
Favourite TV shows:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel the Series, Firefly, How I met your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, Futurama, The Simpsons, The Inside, Leverage, Dexter, The Lost Room, Alias, Death Note, Merlin: Keep the Magic Secret, Supernatural, Greyīs Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, Scrubs, True Blood, Generation Kill, Black Books, Dollhouse, Doctor Horribleīs Sing Along Blog...
The Shawshank redemption, Serenity, Stardust, When Harry Met Sally, Constantine, X-Men series, Harry Potter series, Moulin Rouge, Sleepy Hollow, Bridget Jonesīs Diary, Sleepless in Seattle, Fallen, Lost Boys, Pride and Prejudice, The Lord of the Rings...
the dirty little details
- Im not a grammar nazi, seeing as I myself am not an english native speaker, but given english or my native language czech, I do hate when people deliberately violate the simplest grammar rules. And add a little bit of the tExT tAlkInG tHat lOOks lIkE a rEtArdED cAt hAs jUst rUn acRosS yOuR kEyBoArd and then I feel like I want to kill you with a brick. A really heavy one. Seriously :)
- Im a worcaholic. Which might be a little funny, considering that I dont work and my only "job" is my college, so to be more precise we might call it "over-achiever". I never do things just halfway, I hate to be unprepared, I hate not knowing the right answer. Youīre fully entitled to hate me for that, because I hate that a little bit too :)
- I absolutely love and adore thrift stores. The thrill of the hunt for the one right piece of clothing thatīs been waiting there for you is what I imagine the old hunters mustīve felt when they were patiently stalking their prey :)
- Im a sucker for compliments. Give me a nice compliment and you will probably get away with anything :)
- The smell of new books is something that I love so much. There is just something about the way the new paper smells, that fresh and kind of artificial heavy scent that gives me the chills.
all time classics
This website is not connected to any celebrity, television show or movie that's featured in the site.
All artwork here were made by me, Destiny. Donīt steal, direct link or whatever, please.